Giraffe at the Campsite !


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Northern
September 5th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -12.895, 31.9228

Just like on most of our travels, we try to get out and get some sort of exercise every day. As in previous trips to the South Luangwa Game Management Area where this camp is located and the camp we stayed at on previous trips, there are wild animals there!

Some like the vervet monkeys and baboons, are quite visible. Others not so visible. We have a walking course through the areas that are considered safe and have discovered there is a lagoon behind the campground. There is not a great deal of water but we have seen giraffe coming to this lagoon on two different occasions. They blend so well with the trees and are so majestic as they glide along. Watching them bend down to drink is something else to see as they bend their legs in such a fashion as to reach the water!

Some of the other pictures are of what we might see in a typical day around here. There has not been a day without wildlife and some days are pretty incredible!

You can see from one of the pictures our "office" while in the camp. This location is actually one of the sites reserved for overland trucks but when they are not in camp, it is our office. We seem to get our best signal from here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb