Last leg!


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Lusaka
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woa! Quest trip over! Feels like it flew by! It's been the most fantastic experience and if I could do it all again I would.

SO what's happened in Zambia? We arrived at a place in Livingstone called Fawlty Towers backpackers on the 2nd May, where we were faced with SO many options of activities that are run around the falls (Livingstone is next to Victoria Falls). Unfortunatly due to unavoidable ATM trouble - in that NONE in Livingstone accepted my card, I could only do the one activity - the bungy! Still can't quite believe I did it! It took me a long time to take the plunge, alot of fretting on the edge was involved! It's the worst feeling having your feet so tightly bound and having to hop to the edge of an 111 metre drop! But once I'd jumped/been shoved off it was amazing! there was a full circle rainbow that I jumped through! Ace. And had a lovely upsidedown view of Vic Falls. Fantastic. So yeah very proud of myself - and I have the dvd to prove that I did it! What else did we do in Livingstone? WELL we took advantage of the FREE pancakes at 3:00 every day at Fawlty Towers, we went to see a lunar rainbow one night (where the moon makes a rainbow in the spray rather than the sun - only happens on a full moon). That was a spectacular sight! Me, Laura, Alex and Rob also decided on this night that it would be a wonderful idea to cross a slippery, dark, spray surrounded bridge.......sensible and a half! Unfortunatly we only got halfway before we decided we coulden't get much wetter if we tried, and turned back, shivering with cold but laughing our heads off! Nothing like nearly dying of an evening to lift the spirits. Another very memorable part of our 3 nights in Livingstone was the 'Booze Cruise' me, Laura and Rob went on on the evening of the Bungy! Everyone else didn't come because they were SUPPOSED to be doing a sunrise skydive over the falls but it was CANCELLED! Oh dear oh dear. So yeah the booze cruise was brilliant - was pretty cheap but the boat was really nice and it was a FREE bar! Yes FREE! So obviously me, Laura and Rob selected 3 stools by the bar as where we would settle ourselves, and once the barman sussed what we were drinking he would keep replenishing our beverages without us having to ask! Brilliant. Delicous snacks and a meal WITH veggie option were also provided, we saw elephants, hippos and a killer sunset. What a way to celebrate the Bungy and the end of our trip!

So I'm now in Lusaka, just me and Laura staying at a place called Cha Cha Cha backpackers. Abby and Dave left us yesterday, when we were still in Livingstone, then yesterday afternoon we all left Livingstone for Lusaka apart from Alex who is off to Namibia. Everyone else left for the airport to go their separate ways - be it home or elsewhere in Africa - this morning, leaving me and Laura fending for our little selves! Today we've just been chilling around Lusaka, sorted all our money worries having found an ATM that works for our smelly cirrus/maestro cards and tomorrow its off to Malawi! A long bus journey to the capital, Lilongwe, awaits us. Delightful.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb