Out of Africa - Long Travel Day


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
June 27th 2012
Published: July 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Photo of the DayPhoto of the DayPhoto of the Day

Today was filled with airplanes and airport lounges. Here Andrew ha a little fun hanging from the strap on an airport bus.
After many days with events starting early in the day, we were all happy to have a chance to sleep in. We showered, packed, and enjoyed the internet for a while and in the end were rushing to get down to breakfast before they closed up at 10AM. We enjoyed another lovely buffet breakfast overlooking the river. Back in the room we apparently had underestimated how much packing was left and were quite flustered getting finished in time for our ride to the airport. The small Livingstone airport has only one waiting area, which was quite crowded and hot (even though the temperature outside was quite pleasant). We had been delivered with plenty of time to wait and amused ourselves by withdrawing 50,000 kwacha (as a single bill, worth about $10) and then finding an inexpensive item to buy in order to get a collection of different denominations as souvenirs. We have had limited time to look at all the pictures we have taken and used the waiting time in the airport to look through them a bit. The flight to Johannesburg was uneventful and we had plenty of time to hang out in the British Airways lounge before our flight to Barcelona (connecting through London). We chatted a bit about our time in Africa and the things we really enjoyed and would remember before getting some sleep on the overnight flight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb