Sunday Mass in the Container


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beginning our MassBeginning our MassBeginning our Mass

The best and most meaningful of the trip with words of prophets going out into the world...the Zambia 14!
Trying to get one more blog in and some pictures loaded.

Yesterday was interesting with our Botswana adventures which the youth have lots of tales about. However, we did not forget about mass on Sunday either. Since it was such a packed day, we brought a mass kit with us and celebrated the Eucharist at a very special time. It was in the army tank/container vehicle that transported us from Zambia to the crossing into Botswana and back. It was on the way back, as the sun was beginning to set that Fr Patrick celebrated mass on our moving vehicle. As Steven said, God is everywhere and this proves that you can make a relatively irreverent place into a reverent and holy place. It was my favorite mass of all celebrated with this special group. Keep them in your prayers today as they make their journey back home!

Sandy


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Fr PatrickFr Patrick
Fr Patrick

Prayers for the day
Evan's 2nd readingEvan's 2nd reading
Evan's 2nd reading

Evan took the 2nd reading.
Celebrating massCelebrating mass
Celebrating mass

Fr Patrick and Matthew celebrating the Eucharist
Mass attendance in containerMass attendance in container
Mass attendance in container

We had an hours' drive back to Zambia and made the decision to celebrate Mass at the end of our great day.


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb