The Eddleston's I Presume


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
May 2nd 2018
Published: May 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

What an amazing, incredible day! Visiting Victoria Falls was an unforgettable experience. We walked along paths close to the falls with wonderful views of the River Zambesi thundering over the edge with a drop of over 100 metres. There was a fog like mist and water spray just the same as a cloud in the sky. We got absolutely drenched crossing a small footbridge near the falls. It was like being in a massive rain shower. There were superb views of the Victoria Falls Bridge built by Cleveland Bridge engineering, Darlington UK.

Mosi-Oa-Tunya, the smoke that thunders, certainly did not disappoint.

In the evening we ended our African holiday with a sunset cruise on the River Zambesi. We saw hippos and crocodiles and did some bird watching whilst enjoying a cocktail sundowner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



6th May 2018

The smoke that thunders!
Some wonderful experiences that you have been having. A tad different to life in Yorkshire!! It looks to be just magic. How long were you away for?
6th May 2018

We were on holiday for 3 weeks. I transfer my photos from the camera to a computer at home then spend time reliving the holiday and gradually writing the blogs. The South Africa trip was certainly a holiday of a lifetime. We hope there will be a few more yet! Hope you are both keeping well.

Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb