Livingstone


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
May 2nd 2018
Published: May 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We left Kasane, Botswana for our journey to Livingstone in Zambia. After a short drive to the Botswana border we left our vehicle and crossed the Zambesi River at the Kazangula River crossing. What an experience! There were lorries queueing for miles each side of the crossing waiting for the small ferry that could transport them across the river. A major much needed bridge was under construction by Daewoo to alleviate these hold ups. We were lucky and could cross the river in a small passenger ferry. There was a mass of people on each side of the river, trying to cross or sell things or get through immigration. We found our new transport on the Zambia side and negotiated immigration.

On arrival in Livingstone we checked in at Olga's Guesthouse a nice small hotel with an Italian restaurant. We wandered around Livingstone and Martin found the Fawlty Towers Hotel. Although Basil and Manuel were not present it was possible to organise a game drive in the Mosi-Oa- Tunya game park. The game drive through the late afternoon and until sunset was excellent. We saw zebras, giraffes, buffaloes, impala and two endangered white rhinos protected by armed guards. There were also some amazing birds to see.

The next day we enjoyed a visit to Livingstone Museum and various craft shops and an art gallery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th May 2018

Crossing the Zambesi River
What great photos taken in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya Game Park. Fantastic experience! M xx

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb