Driving days in Uganda


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
June 23rd 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

21 June: Jinja, Uganda

Our last day in Jinja and we just relaxed. I got through two books and some good wifi time.

For dinner, we wanted something different then the restaurant food so Hilary, Samantha and I went for two dollars beans and rice just down the road from our campsite. Was a very nice, filling dinner.

22 June: Jinja to Entebbe, Uganda

We travelled through Mabira rainforest to Kampala for some shopping and a hot lunch. Our lunch was at a little cafe in the Mall where Samantha and I enjoyed wifi and I a peanut butter shake. After lunch we continued to Entebbe to our campsite.

23 June: Entebbe to hippo camp at Queen Elizabeth National Park

Early start to a long day of driving.

Along today's drive, we stopped at the equator (0 degrees equator) and had a water demonstration to show that water on either side goes in different directions (clockwise and counter clockwise) and on the line, it will go straight down. We also enjoyed photos of the signs showing the equator.

Tonight, we camp at the edge of the park where hippos and elephants wandering through the campsite at night. As we drove around the park area to our campsite the area was beautiful and we stopped to see the crater and sone elephants along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb