Adventure Day


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region
January 1st 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 2.2456, 31.802

Happy New Year! We headed off for a game drive early so we could see as many animals grazing as possible. And we did! We saw hippos when we crossed the Nile for the game drive and later further into the park. We saw Bush Backs, Water Backs, lots and lots of cob, baboons everywhere, lots of warthogs some with babies – so cute!, a monitor lizard, spotted hyena, buffalo, a lion and two cubs and later 2 males lazing in the sun, elephants and giraffe. Some far off, some close but it was all very cool because we were seeing them in their natural habitat.

Plenty of birds too. Storks are everywhere. We saw a Bataleur Eagle, Gray Kestral, African Fish Eagle, Pied Kingfisher, African Jacana and Abyssinian Scimitar Bills, Guinea hens – just to name a few!!

Back to Yebo Camp for a yummy lunch and then headed back to the river to take a trip on the Nile headed for Murchison Falls – the famous source of the Nile ala Livingstone. Along the 2 hour trip we saw more hippos, a few crocodiles, some elephants and more warthogs and water buck.

As we got closer to the falls, we jumped off to a trail that led up to the top of the falls that also gave us a view of Uhura falls which cannot be seen at river level. These falls are furious but not high but it was great to see them, hear them and feel the spray from them. The hike up is steep but relatively short. The heat was the biggest challenge for me. As always, Richard just sauntered along like there was not a blip.

This was the end of the day for us and a drive back to Masindi. We spent the night at D'Venue – HUGE improvement over Alinda's and had a nice dinner back at the Court View Hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb