Goats, Goats, Some Kids, and More Goats!


Advertisement
Africa » Uganda » Western Region » Mbarara
July 24th 2014
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Now that the safari was over, it was time to get back to work, where I would spend the rest of my time in Uganda with the Vets Without Boarders (VWB) goat project. I left off in Entebbe and the following morning Ursula and I would be leaving the rest of the girls to go to Mbarara to work. We planned on taking the bus, but as always, what you plan for here is rarely what you get. I woke up the ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The goats have arrived!The goats have arrived!
The goats have arrived!

Maybe not the most humane way of transporting goats, but sometimes you just take what you can get
Meet Goat #583 aka “George” (left) and Goat #570 aka “Monty” (right)Meet Goat #583 aka “George” (left) and Goat #570 aka “Monty” (right)
Meet Goat #583 aka “George” (left) and Goat #570 aka “Monty” (right)

The goats my uncle and dad bought for the project :)
Army of children!Army of children!
Army of children!

The Rider's sea of green has nothing on these kids!



23rd August 2014

Excellent & informative blogs!
Hi Sarah, I wanted to take a moment to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed your blogs! You are doing amazing work with Vets Without Borders. I am curious as to the process you go through to be picked for these programs? Loved your safari blogs and all the pics! I have forwarded your blog to my 14 year old daughter who is always talking about her future & wanting to do volunteer work in third world countries with such abject poverty. (Our family sponsor's a 15 year old girl in Rwanda as well so have some knowledge of the challenges there). Keep up the good work and much success to you in all your endeavors! PS I'm a fellow Canadian as well!
11th May 2015

Ah sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I totally missed your comment till now. I'm actually back in Uganda with VWB again! Last year I just paid my way and knew the program coordinators for the goat project so I just spoke with them about joining. They won't really turn down any free help! However, this year I went through an interview and selection process to be accepted for a 3 month internship with VWB. This internship is only open to vet med students though. Also that's excellent about your daughter! These countries need so much aid and it's amazing that at a young age she already wants to provide help :) If you would like any more info or even contacts feel free to PM me and I can help you out!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb