Source of the Nile


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
June 26th 2003
Published: June 26th 2003
Edit Blog Post

It was a long day of buses from Kabale to Jinja and the roads were dry and bumpy. It felt like the last long bus journey of ours in Africa and it wasn't easy. We sat on a bus in Kabale for about 3 hours since the very aggressive bus touts put us on the one that didn't go first. When we got to the minibus rank in Kampala we got onto a nearly full bus to Jinja which was smart since people were trying to get us into empty ones that would wait for a long time - once bitten and all that (If only it was only once). When we got to Jinja it was hard to get to the Backpackers - but we got a taxi there and then after waking up the staff they made us some food which was great. We were definitely tiring in terms of our travel stamina and we spent one night in Jinja, went out to the campsite by the Nile for another night and watched some white water rafters, and then one last night back at the backpackers. We then got buses to Entebbe and after a little too much walking around near the airport found a great little place to stay and the owner offered us a ride to the airport the next morning for our flight - through Nairobi to London.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb