Nile Source


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Jinja
October 22nd 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 0.447036, 33.2115

Customs & Immigration into Uganda was a breeze, we decided to stop over at a town called Jinga which was a short drive thus ensuring the day did not blow out into a last minute dash before night fall to find a camp.

Unbeknown to us Jinga is the designated start of the Nile river, humm should have known that!! We camped at Eden Rocks Campsite perched on top of a cliff overlooking the first set of rapids as the Nile blasts out of lake Victoria. Awesome.. Also unbeknown to us the camp site was the resting place for volunteers to help with the SoftPower thing.. yep meant nothing to me either.. I bumped into an Australian Lady who had just arrived for a 6 week volunteer stretch to teach locals how to fire pottery correctly.. Humm seemed odd. However after chatting for some time the result would allow locals to produce and sell quality cottage crafts to crazy locals and of course the Tourists.

The best part was we had selected a camp site that was not in the list of the Overland trucks great.. the laundry bag had filled up so we decided to stay 2 nights so Lisa could get the washing down without impacting on making dinner… I will get it in the neck for that comment..

Terry (the Australian Lady) indicated that we may like to help with the design and building of a kiln.. not something I have thought about before so we said we will drop back in on our way back from the Gorillas to see if the project requires any help from us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb