Jinja Take 2/Bujagali Falls


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Eastern Region » Bujagali Falls
March 1st 2011
Published: March 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

After the 5 days of doing very little, I decided to take a trip out to Jinja for a few days away from Kampala.

Another early start, and I was the only person on the free shuttle bus between Kampala and Jinja! I read for a bit then went to sleep for the rest of the journey. The bus reached Nile River Explorers Backpackers in Jinja Town at about 9 45, and I had some breakfast, before getting a Boda out too Nile River Explorers Campsite out at Bujagali Falls, set on the top of the Hill, overlooking the falls!

After putting my bags into the dorm, I cam out to the bar, where the balcony overlooks the river, very impressive view.

I took a Boda back down into Jinja to get some things (much needed local simcard.....) and also meet up with another person from Oswestry, Richard! We had a drink and chatted. Its a VERY SMALL world, seeing as Richard used to play for Oswestry Rugby Club, and knew Pete (who i meet last week) but didn't know he lived/worked in Kampala! I then got another Boda back to the campsite/place im staying at!

The Boda journey between Bujagali Falls and Jinja is very up and down, with a paved road only half of the journey! with dirt track for the latter half! its very interesting to be on the back of the boda whilst going along these roads!!

Advertisement



4th March 2011

Sounds like you are having a great time Tom, i'm very envious ! Lorraine xx

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb