Walking for exercise


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
January 26th 2011
Published: January 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Big BirdsBig BirdsBig Birds

Is it goodluck if one of these poops on your head?
Not blogged for a couple of days, been busy with the new team who are of course a friendly bunch. We are setting up our new fake accident for our accident investigation on Thursday, I get to play the witness this time while Mike is again the evil boss, we have no victim this time so we are saying that he is in hospital and cannot be spoken to. The teams really enjoy the role play games and it really does help them to learn.

Tonight Mike said "are you writing some blog? Jane says she is reading all about it" I then told him that yes I am and that I have mentioned it but he hasnt heard me! so I am sending him the link tonight so he can read it!

We walked down to the shop at the bottom of the hill tonight in the daylight, stepping over huge potholes and walking past sunbathing policemen holding their guns in rather procarious ways! Mike had mentioned that he would like to try a steakhouse, our first problem once we got there was finding an entrance to any of the shopping centres! it appeared that all the shops
PoliticsPoliticsPolitics

Group of people encouraging voters for the upcoming elections in February
were on the car park levels! finally we made our way in. We found some cooking implements that would probably be better suited in an S&M brothel (a really humungous wooden spoon!) but we couldnt find the restaurant. Eventually we discovered that it was in a hotel so we made our way in, we had hoped to eat and get back before it got dark however it seems the people of Africa only work at 2 speeds Slow or Very Slow therefore by the time our food arrived it had got dark, In Africa it gets dark quick, it is like someone has switched the light off.

When walking back we had to becareful of the potholes as we could not see them very well and also many people had parked their cars on the pavement so it was a case of walking on the road for part of it. Now you may remember I said down the bottom of the hill earlier so this meant walking back up a hill which embarrassingly I found hard going in the heat and my flip flops, Mike on the other hand who is a regular gym bunny suggested that I should have been going to the gym. Why oh why did the Sheraton have to be right at the top of the hill? my toes hurt 😞 at least I have had a good workout.

a glass of wine later and a discussion about abstract art and its subjectivity and a debate about whether or not a brick layer is an artist! Mike wasnt keen on the Kareoke night (I wasnt going to sing either) maybe the oldies night tommorow...

Here are a few pictures for you


Lisa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb