Guess it is true a rancher's work is never completed....


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia » Tunis » Carthage
May 20th 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

....even on vacation!

The good news is we are having fun, the bad news is we ran out of money and had to take on some custom hayfield work to pay for dinner!

How happy we were to turn the corner and find a small hay crew at work! We had been seeing loads of hay traveling around, but could not find an active hay crew. These guys could not believe we knew how to stack hay and would be in hayfield shortly after we returned to America! Thanks to Kyle we had our own interpreter!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Always a supervisorAlways a supervisor
Always a supervisor

Dad suggested they needed to grease the baler, but luckily they spoke no English!
Let me help you with that...Let me help you with that...
Let me help you with that...

To be very efficient, the Tunisian farmer kept one person on the ground with a pitchfork grabbing anthing the baler missed.
Too many cooks in the kitchen?Too many cooks in the kitchen?
Too many cooks in the kitchen?

How many men does it take to keep this baler running? This poor guy had no idea three Americans were going to stop by and show him how to manage a hayfield!
Checking out the hay production in TunisiaChecking out the hay production in Tunisia
Checking out the hay production in Tunisia

Kyle spoke French to talk with the famers and the first thing they wanted to know was how much it would cost to buy a tractor and baler in America.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb