Tanzania - Back into the Serengeti


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
January 31st 2014
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -6.36903, 34.8888

31st January
Back into the Serengeti.
The sky was so blue with fluffy white clouds.
The colors are amazing.
We had elephants right next to the car. So close you could almost touch them.
Their skin is so dry and so wrinkled.
Such an amazing beast.
When ever there was a group of cars you knew that there was something there to see.
There was one Leopard sleeping in the tree and the other sat in the tall grass. So elegant and sleek.
The hyena are really very unusual and they walked like a hunched over old man and made a really strange deep yelping sound. We watched them circling the Gnu but they always kept there distance.
On the side of the road we saw a Gnu that was hurt. It could not move so it must have injured one of its legs. Their bodies are quite large and they have a very large elongated head with horns but really thin legs to hold their weight.
There was nothing we could do for it.
We knew that the Hyena where very close and I'm sure they would have profited from the situation.
We saw many birds. Some looked like they could have lived with the dinosaurs.
They looked very ancient.
There was a cute little yellow bird that made its nest like a hanging ball from the branches. Very cute.
One thing that surprised me more than anything was to see people walking in this vast landscape.
There was nothing around.S
o where were they walking to or from for that matter.
There was no road. Bus. Train. Car. Horse. Camel.
Just walking.
We stayed the night at the Ngorongoro Crater, (altitude 7,800 feet) and watched a perfect sunset.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb