June 8


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
June 8th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

6-8
Breakfast of eggs toast and bananas. Dana and I thought we were doing construction since we were alternating but Malcolm said we should see patients also. We started in the clinic but only saw one patient so we were about to leave. They gave us one more and he was Malaria toxic. He had been sick for a week and was confused and weak. We started him on IV Quinine and after he was all hooked up we started painting. I went back later and discharged him.
We had been told to wrap things up by 4 because they were going to do the employee of the week award. The employees unanimously voted for Larry. He was very surprised and touched.
Several people went to town for beer. I stayed and went to dinner with a few people. Lucy hadn’t even started to cook yet. We sat for and hour and a half before she served. We had fish, fries, pineapple, cabbage, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Tried to get on the internet again without luck. Still don’t have info. From Vesna.
One of the nights went to Paula’s to try the internet, we were attacked by ants. They climb on you and then bite later. We were in Paula’s house when my toe hurt. I checked it and saw a big black ant with his pinchers stuck into my toe. I knocked him off and Dr. Denny hit it with hit tennis racket with a zapper in it. Dana had one biting between her toes.
We laid in our beds and read and talked. Rain awoke me at 2:45 on the tin roof.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb