June 7


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
June 7th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

6-7
Usual breakfast of nothing. The last day at the clinic for the Powell’s so Malcolm didn’t work. I saw about 10. Dana had the belly bug so she rested. One pt. was a woman who had been spotting for 3 months and had a Hgb of 3.5. She still looked good and was walking like nothing. She was a bit dizzy. I sent her to the hospital for a transfusion. Another was a woman wanting to know if she is pregnant. She was muslim and we made her future husband wait outside as the man usually speaks for the woman. We sent her to the lab for testing. After a bit of waiting I was looking out to see what was taking so long and the boyfriend came out of the lab with his hands raised yelling “I’m going to be a daddy”. They both went right on out of the clinic. I went after them so I could give her prenatal vitamins. They were sitting on the bench in front of the clinic snuggling. They were so happy.
Left the clinic around 2 as it was slow. Some had gone to town so we had them buy a bottle of wine for us. Sipped it and talked with everyone in the hall. Dinner of goat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb