GROUNDBREAKING 1 - October 2012


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » West
October 11th 2012
Published: March 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

KARUCO Construction SignKARUCO Construction SignKARUCO Construction Sign

Construction Businesses & AIDS Warning Mark the Time
It was an amazing day – the beginning of the future. Groundbreaking was so well organized and so festive. The Honorable Kjell Bergh, Consul to Tanzania, USA and I had breakfast at 8:00, were joined by Rev. Dr. Brighton Juel Katabaro, Coordinator for KARUCO, then were taken to the KARUCO site with Rev. Dr. Benson Bagonza, Bishop and Founder of KARUCO, at 9:00. The Chinese workers are hard at work on the road although it is still under construction and deeply rutted. We entered KARASECO (Karagwe Secondary School) and on to the adjacent KARUCO via a new road--not even built on my last visit to the site in 2010. We headed to the groundbreaking site where the new administration and classroom buildings were already under construction and the laborers hard at work.

We arrived at the festive site with colorful tents and people milling around. In the background were the laborers, hard at work constructing the foundation for the administration building. A little farther on was another group of local laborers working to build the classrooms.

Music filled the air as the choir practiced what we later learned was a song and dance created specifically for the groundbreaking. The women were in brand new dresses they had made of bright orange satin on top and classy African indigo and other blues on the bottom. It brought tears to my eyes to see my friend Rebecca in the group singing and dancing her heart out. Inspiring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb