DAY 19 - KARASECO - 2008


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » West
January 21st 2008
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

KARAGWE DistrictKARAGWE DistrictKARAGWE District

Our whereabouts
1. Engineers plan to level with administrators at KARASECO.

2. George said he told that we were afraid of the dogs so they took care of them. Ohh.

3. Engineers gave Vincent a toolbox and he loved it. Was very grateful.

4. Rode to KARASECO and told Mr. Kabalimu the pasteurizer would not work.

5. Reaction was accepting. He asked the engineers to tell the school.

6. Our team stood on the porch of the school while all 500+ listened.

7. Headmaster Kabalimu said 'Water is Life'. My intro built on that.

8. Introduced team, then introduced Ann to teach the lesson we created.

9. She showed the vials of before and after pasteurization so showed dirty and clean.

10. Andrew then took over and delivered a jazzed up improvisational lesson.

11. Ended by telling them to learn math and science well to make Tanzania better.

12. Students clapped.

13. Guys went to the pasteurizer with staff of KARASECO And explained.

14. Ann, Kaye and I went to a classroom where Ann taught the lesson On the project.

15. The team gathered later and gave the school
The SanctuaryThe SanctuaryThe Sanctuary

at the Cathedral
a cash gift Which was appreciated.

16. Team was demoralized by criticisms but relieved the truth was out.

17. Field trip to ELCT Cathedral. Very beautiful and traditional looking.

18. Met with Bishop, shared school needs assessment with General Secretary.

19. Bishop shared more about his vision.

20. Engineers committed to return and fix the pasteurizer.

21. George came that evening and gave each of us a handmade map of the area.

22. He took the maps all back to the Africa shop and had them put Bweranyange on it.

23. Very sweet gift. Handpainted on bark 'paper'. I teared up. George and Vincent left.

24. Supper and packing. The drums fit in a hockey bag!

25. The guys met one of President Kikwete's guards and swapped phone numbers.

26. Really?

Take me to the Educate Tanzania website.

http://educatetanzania.org


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Inside the CathedralInside the Cathedral
Inside the Cathedral

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania (ELCT) Cathedral


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb