At last an update!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » West » Mbeya
June 18th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Levan’s first snake killLevan’s first snake killLevan’s first snake kill

Actually he ran and left his sister behind!
Sorry that it has been so long since we have put anything on the blog.

Things continue to go well here in Africa. We have just started our annual preacher’s seminar today which will last three days. We have an excellent turnout this year with about 50 preachers in attendance. I had the opening lesson this morning which dealt with sermon preparation. I believe the lesson went well, although we ran short on time.

Last month we had our yearly WBS campaigns which lasted nearly the entire month. We worked with 7 different congregations during the campaign. Overall the meetings went well and we had 26 baptisms and 2 restorations. We had an average attendance of 94 each night for the public speaking.

Next week we have two more seminars coming up, one for the young teenage ladies of Tanzania and one for older ladies of Tanzania. Each seminar will last for three days.

Madesha and the kids are doing well. Madesha and Levan have been busy trying to finish up 2nd grade. Layla spends her day playing with her friend Alaphat, a boy who lives just across the mission. Alaphat played a lot with the Marshall kids who were here before us and they were able to teach him English. He makes a good playmate for the kids.

The rains have completely stopped now and we are now in our winter months. The temperature has been very pleasant the last couple of weeks. With the cooler temperatures the snakes have been out in full force. We have killed 5 or 6 within the last few weeks. We even had one come through a crack in the ceiling last week. As well with the end of the rains comes the harvest season and all of the natives have been busy in there fields the last couple of weeks. It seems to be a good harvest for them this year.

Two weeks ago the local primary schools held a week of various competitions, from soccer to net ball to singing to comedy sketches. The mission kids placed third in the soccer competition and 1st or 2nd in the net ball competition and first in the comedy sketches. I am not sure where they placed in the other competitions. It was a lot of fun getting to watch the kids compete.

Also within the last few weeks we had our first Chimala Bible College graduation. This is an extension program of Bear Valley Institute of Biblical studies located in Colorado. This program is taught all in English and offers a bachelors degree Biblical studies.

We also have several guests on the mission this month. The guests have come to work with the hospital for the next month. Several are young medical students from Harding University and few have come from Indianapolis.

In a nutshell this is what has taken place over the last few weeks.

Enjoy the pictures!






Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



19th June 2008

Good to hear from you all
It is fantastic news to hear of the great work that is going on. The pictures of everyone and everything is great. Thank God for the great fruit from the seminars and meetings. All are doing well in our part of Indiana. We keep you and your family in our prayers. Take care and God bless you richly!!!
22nd June 2008

Good to see all is going well!
Hey, And we thought WE had it bad with all the layovers and missed flights we had from NY to New Delhi, India last year! Ours pales in comparison to yours! Anyway, I have been thinking of you, and hope all is well. It seems many good things are happening right now because of your efforts. You truly are a blessing to the Tanzanians! Godspeed to you always!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb