Tancan 2013 Medical Mission


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » South » Songea
August 21st 2013
Published: November 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013



Elderly Clinic day ……







<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Clinic Day 2: Today was the elderly clinic day. Since there was limited HIV testing today, Martha and I ran an exercise clinic for the elderly. We explained the importance of exercise and stretching. We then performed a variety of stretches with the elderly to help with their circulation and aches and pains. It was a lot of fun seeing their happy faces, and them trying to mimic our stretches. Afterwards, we gave them advil to help with their chronic aches and pains.







Today was a slow clinic day. Not a lot of elderly in the community came to the clinic (I guess they did not get the memo). I spent most of my time enjoying the company of the student volunteers at the clinic and the other members of the Tancan team. Tomorrow will be a more eventful day. Renata and I will be going on our first mobile clinic, and meet our Mom’s sponsor child Taitus. We will also meet Conason, one of the children going to be sponsored through the Chalice sponsorship program.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb