Central Serengeti -Kati Kati camp


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left Kuria Hills camp in early am On wednesday.Tried to send pictures from yesterday but web site was down for the time I had available. Will send more pics tomorrow.
Saw more lions on the way out. Went to the rive r and watched the herd mass for 2 hours and the finally we saw the crossing of wildebeest by the thousands. Truly an amazing wonder of the world. Nearly 6 hour drive with stops for elephants giraffes and lions. Drove through the middle of herds of wildebeest, zebras, gazelles, impalas, etc. 4 wheeling on dirt road the whole way at speeds up to 100 km/ hr! The driving is probably more risk than the animals.Tonite we are in a true tent camp called Kati Kati in the central Serengeti. Saw 4 lions crossing the road about a mile before we reached the camp- good thing they can't open zippers. Tomorrow about 3 hour drive to Ngorogoro Crater and a true lodge with roof and Internet. Will send pictures from there.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



26th September 2013

Wow
So you are racing through the wilds at 60 mph, I bet that is fun! I can't imaging what it is like to see a huge herd of wildebeasts. super cool!!! Or should I saw hot! :) I love the sunset picture. I hear the sunsets in Africa are unreal, super beautiful. Have a great time!, things are fine here. :)
26th September 2013

Amazing!!
Thanks for sharing your incredible pictures. You have already seen so many beautiful animals. I love the baby animals! Wow, it looks like you are having so much fun, that is very cool:) Look forward to your next blog.
26th September 2013

Serengeti photos
Hi, Jeff & Linda - Appears you're having a wonderful time... such amazing photo's! What an awesome experience for both of you! I'm glad Cindy shared your blog link - I look forward to viewing your adventures.
27th September 2013

Great photos!
Sounds really exciting, and you are right, good thing they can't open zippers! Love you and stay safe.
27th September 2013
image

Yes, Please!!
Please ,please bring me a baby leopard...!

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb