Safari - Serengeti


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
July 6th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A lazy start to a looong day's driving with breakfast at 8.30 then pack up the LandCruiser and on the road by 10.00am. We are heading for the Serenera Camp Site in the middle of the Serengeti Park, going via the Ngorongoro Reserve. A couple of hours into the trip and the first site of the Ngorongoro Crater from the rim is worth the whole trip - it's a truly spectacular site. Another hours drive through the Maasai country around Ngorongoro, with herds of cattle and goats being driven by Maasai boys in what seems very inhospitable country, and we come to the entrance to the Serengeti Park. The southern end of the park is very dry with a distinct lack of either flora or fauna but as we move north and west it slowly becomes greener and we see ocassional herds of Thompson's Gazelle, Grant's Gazelle & Zebra with ocaasional Ostriches and small parties of Warthogs running about with their tails up like antenna. As we near Seronera, in the centre of the park, we see Hippos, a Leopard lazing in a tree, a family of 5 Cheetah resting in the heat of the day and even a Lion lazing in a tree. We get into camp about6.30pm and pitch the tents by the last of the daylight then settle in to a few of Dennis, the guide/driver's stories, designed I suspect to ensure that some of the girls on the trip don't sleep to much tonight. Captain Delicious delivers the good again at around 8.30pm then we are all dead on our feet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb