Kilimanjaro climbing information and advise to summit Kilimanjaro from Moshi


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Mount Kilimanjaro
January 14th 2016
Published: January 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Mount Kilimanjaro is natural wonder and World heritage site which attracts many tourists for adventure trekking trips.

Mount Kilimanjaro is Volcanic mountain with 3 volcano peaks of Shira, Mawenzi and Kibo. Kibo is highest peak of Kilimanjaro which makes Kilimanjaro highest mountain in Africa and one of 7 world summit peaks. Nearest tourist city to Kilimanjaro is Moshi and nearest International Airport is Kilimanjaro International Airport code JRO. So Moshi is used a base camp for preparation of climbing Kilimanjaro. Preparations to trek Kilimanjaro include choosing hiking gears and doing acclimatization activities. Acclimatization activities are sightseeing tours plus exercises like hiking small hills. Sightseeing tours to waterfalls provides body with experience of change of weather and temperature.

As base camp and Overnight stop before trekking Kilimanjaro begins, comfort accommodation is important. Accommodations in Moshi are Hotels and Lodges. There are Budget Hotels and Luxury Hotels, it depends your pocket and level of comfort you need. Cheap Hotels in Moshi recommended and moderate budget hotels advise is provided by Moshi Tour Operators also known as Destination Management Companies DMC such as Kilimanjaro Safari Holidays Co.Ltd e.t.c

Price costs of travel packages to climb Mount Kilimanjaro vary according to choice of Kilimanjaro route. There are several Kilimanjaro routes named as Marangu, Rongai, Machame, Umbwe, Lemosho and Northern circuit. Marangu route and Rongai routes are easiest trekking Kilimanjaro routes and usually can be climbed up through in 5 days minimum. How ever it is recommended to choose 6 days on Marangu and Rongai for enough acclimatizing, especially first time climbers. Northern circuit route is longest Kilimanjaro route which takes 9 days and is great explore adventure which circumnavigate whole Kilimanjaro.

Travel tips to climb Kilimanjaro and pro assurance notice

All our treks up the mountain are lead by highly trained and qualified guides, registered with the Kilimanjaro National Parks Board. Each of our guides has been selected over years, based on experience, safety record and through feedback from previous clients

--For the duration of your Kilimanjaro trek, your guide will be your advisor, he will lead you to the summit, and he will bring down safely again. It will be important that you work closely with him and take note of his advice.

Each Kilimanjaro trek is supplied by mess/ dinning dents, crew sleeping tent, portable toilets and client tents. All our tents are good for travel high altitude. Chairs and Chairs are carried on for comfort dinners and Lunch.

Kilimanjaro Facilities:

-Oxygen bottle



-Pulse Oxymeter

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb