The final day


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Mount Kilimanjaro
January 3rd 2010
Published: June 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day on the mountain. We have to do the final descend to Moshi town. We started the day with nice breakfast, the last meal cooked for us by the guides. We gave some clothes and tip to all the porters, and said thanks for the wonderful trip. This is the last we will see them. After yesterday's 10000ft descend, today's looks like a child's play. The trail has also eased up a but and there are less stones on the way. After the wonderful summit, nothing else matters. So we head on down, all delighted, what we did yesterday is still sinking in. Now we can enjoy the plants and flowers that are unique to kilimanjaro. Rains did make the way very muddy and we were faced with muddy slippery path towards the end. But we made it, all toes and fingers intact. Now there is one full day of relaxation ahead. Back at the hotel, we watch sun set over the mountain we just summited.

January 4th

There is nothing to do today 😊. We have a LOT of clothes to wash for rest of the trip, and there is no way out of it. A good night's sleep has helped. We just want to hang out at hotel as if there is nothing to do in the world. Soon we see the next group of hikers given tips for the trip. In the evening we see the next group return, unfortunately they had lot of snow on summit day and lot of them could not make it. We were incredibly lucky to have hit the summit in a short clear day window. Safari starts next day and we could not be happier!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th June 2014
Our team

Have a great trip
Enjoy doing the laundry

Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb