Lake Manyara & end of this beautiful safari and trek


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Lake Manyara
January 3rd 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: lake Manyara 8 secs
Finally Lake Manyara and again a great safari in this huge parc. We saw lots of rhinoceros, birds, pelicans spending the winter here instead of Alsace. Much nicer I admit. We saw my favorite animal the dik dik, impalas, buffaloes, and finally we met our challenge of the Big Five. (Big five: Rhinoceros, lion, jida, leopard, buffalo)

We saw a leopard, hard to see in one's life. They are mostly hidden. This one was hidden on a branch looking at its food freshly hunted (an Impala, poor one)...well that's life. David, our great driver told us there on the branch: we all needed at least 5/8 minutes to see it. David has such eyes !! amazing he would see all the animals from the big ones to the tiny ones and we would need ages just to find them in the nature.

And we had fun looking at the baboons and the babies playing together and learning to jump from one branch to the other, even falling down. It's hard to become an adult.... we all know it!

We had a last dinner cooked by our marvellous cooks: a real Tanzanian dish, really delicious. (meat with salty banana and a kind of spinach with a great taste. And again a great dessert -😊

The last evening, we also bargained hard some typical Tanzanian products. I took salad cutlery in Eben wood. And also a nice typical Masai cloth which I will use as a table cloth.

Before taking the flight from Kili Airport to Nairobi, thanks to David (thank you again) Magali and I went to a food store to buy the typical spices and I found the great jam we had every morning. We even bought a shopping bad hyper kitch with the photo of the Big Fives!!

Then we flew back to Paris on the 4th and stopped in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and found a nice spices pots hand made (in honor of my parents -😊)). We had a great Ethiopian coffee on a typical huge and low table.

Tanzania hasanti sana , I may come back -😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 27; qc: 113; dbt: 0.1312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb