Saturday & Sunday closing out the Seminar Week


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
June 15th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kisongo Church of ChristKisongo Church of ChristKisongo Church of Christ

everyone is scrapping the mud off their feet

Happy Belated Father's Day to all you dads out there!



Due to a lack of internet connection being available this weekend, we weren't able to get this out in time, But I figured you would enjoy the pictures all the same.

It was a rough weekend anyhow.. Friday evening Brent was rearended by a taxi driver in our truck which did some significant damage and he had to deal with the chaos of the whole ordeal, (its too long to try to explain and nothing ever makes sence in how things are handled here) but no one was hurt. Just lots of fees and corruption in the police office and the police stole our groceries, air compressor, watches and other misc... things out of the truck in the process. Just about all of us had a minor cough and head-cold, I think due to the temperature difference here in Arusha, but we're all doing ok, just minor sniffles! So we worshipped here in Kisongo on Father's day when we woke up to a flat tire and didnt have time to change it to get anywhere else. Steve Wiseman and his son Camron are here from Houston, Tx and he was scheduled to preach and teach there that morning so we were greatly blessed to hear a wonderful speaker and a great lesson! We were joined there by the Gee family, and the Baker family who also had with them, Ken Upchurch as a house guest for the week! Kisongo, is the closest congregation to the ACSOP (school of preaching here outside of Arusha)

Then, we headed down to Moshi to swap out dirty clothes for clean ones... Feed the dogs, check the house and repack the bags... we got one good night's rest in our own beds and then woke up to head back down to Arusha once again... For Monday night's gathering and group Dinner! It was the Orientation day of the Arusha Campaign. The real work would begin on Tuesday Morning with 2 seperate campaigns going on in Arusha and in Mtu wa Mbo (Mosquitoe River) about 2 hours away....

Sorry for the delay... TIA!!! (This is Africa!)
Love you all!
Julie Richardson


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Vivian and GracieVivian and Gracie
Vivian and Gracie

Little Buddies
My older All boys group..My older All boys group..
My older All boys group..

that we didnt want to turn away!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb