Kwa Heri


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Lushoto
July 12th 2010
Published: July 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dear Readers, In 1 month we will be classified as RPVCs. "R" means returned (or in our case, maybe retired). There are times during our residency here that time passed clowly...and there are times when it seemed as if it was a blur. Two years is a long time, but we will have been away from home June 6, 2008 until Sept. 19, 2010.
Naturally we have been doing the culturally appropriate "kwa heri" as that means good-bye when you probably won't see them again. It's difficult because these faces, once unknown to us, have names, families, lives, and hopes for the future...just like we arrived with. Now we are friends and have shared these past 2 years together...discovering much about each other and much about ourselves. And, now it's "kwa heri" and not the usual daily "baadai." But, we will take home with us many wonderful memories of Tanzania: the gracious people, the natural beautiful scenery, the extraordinary wildlife, and experiencing another cultural which has enriched our lives so much.
We've tried to capture a small part of what we have seen through photos, blogs, and letters. But, we've only scratched the surface...the amazing surface of another continent far from home. When we see each other again back home and you ask, "What was it like serving and living in TZ?" well, we can talk longer than you can listen! But, "keribu" you are welcome to hear and see our stories.
See you after Egypt, Spain, and France. Thanks for reading all these blogs and giving us a chance to share our experience with you. And, who knows, maybe I'll have a chance to blog again before we depart. love, Dave & Wendy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb