MCC Meeting.


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
May 14th 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last Tuesday Lisa and I had the amazing opportunity to sit in on a day long meeting between MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) and KMT (Kanisa la Mennonite Tanzania). It was a celebratory farewell for the current MCC representatives in Tanzania as well as the welcoming of the new representatives hosted in thanks by KMT.

MCC and KMT have been partners for many years now and it was so interesting, in that Lisa and I are both looking at potentially working with MCC in the future, to see the interaction between the two and also the projects that were in the works as well as those that had been completed. We also got to see the opening of a water project that had been a long time in the works!

So in all it was good day for us, we have loved so much the fact that song and dance are so widely and socially acceptable here, two things both of us thoroughly enjoy, and it was a treat getting to see the children from the church sing and dance so energetically for the MCC reps.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Donations.Donations.
Donations.

From Rick and Bev Binder, Andrew and Marion Ottevangers and Bob Burkenshaw. You each gave so much love to these kids, from them and us we thank you.
More Donations.More Donations.
More Donations.

From Dennis Janzen and the University of Fresno, we thank you. John Wambura incorporates matches for the possession of each ball with a follow up lesson and bible study. You provided so much opportunity and joy to him and to the kids.
Group ShotGroup Shot
Group Shot

(from left to right) Levi, Lisa, Daniel, Gary, Linda, John, Maguy,and a wonderful Mama that we just cant remember the name of. Thanks for giving us such a great time.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb