gotta laugh or else


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
January 17th 2011
Published: January 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally arrived at Dar

Today started out like any other day except Suitbert was up in time for breakfast - maybe that is what upset the ying yang of the day hmmmmm.

We went to the Mwanza office and discussed the Fire Escape and alarm needs and we went off for our 2pm flight, when we arrived at the airport we discovered there was no 2pm flight but that we should have gone at 12.40, we were put on the 5pm.

we kept ourselves busy watching others getting their flights and having drinks then Mike realised he had lost his best glasses, After almost 2 hours of looking for them phoning people and ripping bags apart I almost begged the gods for something else to go wrong before we got on the plane so that our third thing would be over with before we took off. After our 4 hour wait we went to check in, "no sorry your tickets are cancelled" (secretly I was excited that our third bad thing had come) we were miffed at this, we had been told to wait around forr hours, a supervisor was called, a few buttons were pressed and we were on the flight.

a guy asked for our passports we passed then over - we had our bags scanned and then the same guy asked for our passports again???? you couldnt write better comedy!

whilst sitting in the departure lounge I looked out of the window "Tell me Mike" I said "we are not seriously going on that are we" it was a propellor plane which would probably be fine ordinarily in my books, quite exciting in fact, but I have just read Bill Brysons African Diaries which has advised me of horror stories of these planes and the only saving grace is that the Pilot doesnt want to crash it because he has to pay for it!
Mikes answer of course was Yes.

I donated my Sandwich to a maasai mara lady on the plane as she wanted to take her food home, she seemed to approve of my donation.

On decent into Dar the Stewardess got confused and said, "we are starting our Decent into Kilimanjaro" Mikes face was a picture, I couldnt stop laughing

When waiting for our luggage buckets and buckets came out, you will see the picture, people come to Mwanza to buy buckets of fresh Tilapia Fish.

gotta love Africa

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb