Family Reunions


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
November 18th 2022
Published: December 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

And now for the reason behind our visit.

We came to Tanzania to celebrate the marriage of our niece Grace (affectionately known to us as "Gee") and her husband Hussein. But she has a new name now in marriage, Ayla, a Muslim name as it is customary for women here to take when they marry a Muslim man. More people know her by her stage name Sai Kenya.

She's a pop singer in the Bongo Flava style of Tanzania and an upcoming star in Kenya. She's immensely talented and we're all extremely proud of her. From the first time I heard her sing I knew this was something special and we've only seen her talent grow. The performance she gave at her sister's wedding last year blew us all away. Check her videos out on YouTube.

Chelly took a lot more wedding pictures than I did, but here's thew few that I have.

It was great to reconnect with all our family members from Kenya, and to meet Hussein's family from Tanzania for the first time. The food was incredible. There were surprise appearances from an array of Tanzanian musicians. The dancing, the colors, it was a blast.

Afterwards, we took a busload of wedding guests over to Wavivu Kempu on Coco Beach and partied until 4am. What can I say? These are the best moments of life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb