Where I'm going and what I'm going to do


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Selous Game Reserve
June 30th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So where am I going, well the project is based in the Kilombero Valley, which lies between the Selous Game Reserve to the east, the Udzungwa Mountains Natyional Park to the north and the Mahenge Mountains to the South; if you look on a map the middle of no where! The Kilombero River forms part of Africas largest river basin, joining the the Great Ruaha, Rufiji and Luwegu rivers. The southern end of the valley is a Game Controlled Area and contains populations of elephants, buffalo, lion, zebra, antelopes and crocodiles, plenty of opportunity for me to get eaten then!

The project will focus on developing an understanding of the relationship between the Kilombero Valley's fauna and flora and the local population, with a view to guiding/educating the locals on how to manage the natural resources in a sustainable manner.

It basically looks like I'll be doing a variety of things ranging from tracking animals, counting trees, to teaching in schools and communities.

All it needs now is for me to get out there, get on with it, tell you all the stories and show you all the photos!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb