Beats expectations


Advertisement
Sudan's flag
Africa » Sudan » North » Khartoum
December 11th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all hope everyone is well, its about 45 degrees were we are at the moment, now in sudan which is pretty cool.

Anyway will start were i left off in Addis, forgot to mention one of our highlights and a deffinate warnin to all if you stay in a hotel in ethiopia remember to lock your door, a few of us forgot that and at about 6 in the mornin we had a visitor at the door who me and Carlo fort wanted to do our laundry as she was pointing to the clothes in the room, we then realised this was not her intentions wen she started suckin on her finger in a very rude way, so we got rid of her after a bit of cussin in africans(the saffa tounge) and good old english, she ended up trying to visit every one on the floor, no1 was amused.

So after addis we went to Lalibella which had loads of curches carved into the rocks, they were pretty impressive carved over about 23 years into a mountain, and there saint of Ethiopia is saint george who had the best church, (its also the make of the best ethiopian beer good way to remember england). Also saw my first kill in africa, the greatest predator on earth against a mouse! Was funny watchin the waitors chase this mouse around while drinkin a beer and sum posh bird screaming. ha
After Lalibella we went to Gondar where i went treking for 3days in the simian mountains, the landscapes are amazing its deffinately one of the most beautiful countries i have been to, also got to see hundreads of jalada babboons which were really cool a little scary when 3 males start having a fight and then charging towards you, made a good video though.

After Gondar we have headed into Sudan, first impressions where not good ,rubbish all over the sides of the roads with loads of dead animal carcusses rotting in the heat which doesnt help the smell senses, but the villages seem more organised than other countries loads of grave sites which are just raised mounds of mud with a little sign in the top though.
But khartoum itself is really nice, the people are very friendly and today i ended up goin on a rollercoaster ride in the fair ground, not the safest ride i have ever been on but a good view of where the white and blue nile meet. To sum this fair ground up they even had the barracuda like at southend, so when its to dangerouse for england they sell it to fairground pikeys all over the world. Also had an icecream, the one problem with Sudan alchohol is illegal so cant buy beer anywere and your not suppose to drink,bad times.

So anyway this is where i am now sittin in an internet cafe thankfully with a fan in it, cos it is bloody hot if i forgot to mention it.
Hope everyone is well in there christmas preparations we have been playin a few song off my ipod but thats about it, such a shame.

After today i visit sum pyramids 2mo and then we are bushcamping for about 5 days through the desert and scrub land till we reach the ferry to egypt, so should be fun especially if we have a truck drinkin day.
(Bushcamping means we park up on the side of the road with no facilities apart from our tents to sleep in and the truck to cook off of, no toilet nower to shower, we mite get a little dusty and dirty. I cant wait even changed my boxers in excitement, so far my record is about 10days with out changing them. Goood)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb