Seeing Some Animals


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 14th 2011
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Giraffe01 Giraffe01 Giraffe

A giraffe bending over and about to eat.
Geo: -24.7755, 26.2917

This afternoon Paul had to do a gate pick-up from one of the nearby gates. So I went for a drive with him. It is always nice to get out of the lodge when I have the chance. On the way back from the gate we saw a giraffe. We watched it for a little while as it ate leaves with its very long tongue. Paul tried to encourage staff to get out and have their photo taken with it, but no-one including me was brave enough to get out of the vehicle.

Around the corner we spotted a male lion resting among the burnt bush. We watched him for a while and were in awe when he yawned and showed off his long sharp teeth.

Near the lodge we saw an older male kudu who could hide very well among the burnt, dry bush. It was only an hour long drive- but it feels so good to get out and go on a short drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

02 Long Tongue02 Long Tongue
02 Long Tongue

The giraffe's long tongue curling around the leaves.
03 Paul03 Paul
03 Paul

Paul wanted to have a photo with the giraffe, no-one else was game enough to get out of the vehicle.
04 Lion04 Lion
04 Lion

A male lion resting among the burnt bush.
05 Yawn05 Yawn
05 Yawn

A big yawn, shows many sharp teeth.
06 Walking06 Walking
06 Walking

He is up and off for a walk.
07 Resting Again07 Resting Again
07 Resting Again

The lion sat down again.
08 Kudu08 Kudu
08 Kudu

An older male kudu- who camouflages so well in the dry bush.


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb