Table,wine and desert


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
April 9th 2014
Published: April 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sat 5th April,we arrived in the harbour of Cape Town.The sun was rising over table mountain which gave a magnificent panoramic view and a glorious start to our two day visit. The morning tour gave us a leisurely drive along the coast before we headed up to the cable car to assend to the top of table mountain. The weather stayed perfect and the views were amazing.All too soon we had to descend and to console ourselves we spent the afternoon at the waterfront wine bars,getting in training for the next days trip to the Stellenbosch vineyards.

Equally good weather allowed us a scenic day out .It took a while to sample the products from this region. Thirsty work.plus heavyboxes to carry back on board...

We drove back along the residential areas.One side of the street stood the beautiful houses.On the other were the shanty towns. The difference between the haves and the have nots...

A day at sea took us to Luderitz. A dusty town on the edge of the Namibian desert.we left the ship in the souring heat by the ships tenders,walked around the ghostly town and after nearly melting made our way back on board. TodayWednesday we arrived at Walvis bay, on the edge of the desert and likewise we headed inland armed with our buckets and spades singing the desert song.

Our day took us to the sand dunes. Brian wouldn't walk to the top for a photo shoot. The temperature was only 40 degrees. Spoil sport.

Tonight the set sail for 7 days so lots of time to eat and relax. Mind you we have just found the future cruise booking desk so must dash.

Love to all x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb