Mozambique on short notice Day 1.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
March 29th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1

a Part of this road is the best cept secret from S.A. Bikers. Doing this trip on our way back, we realised that we live in an awsome country. The only way to describe it is "beautifull and friendly.We do not have to travel far to experience Africa.

Day 1

We left East London a little late on Tuesday morning, but that did not have an effect on the amount of fun we had along the way via Port St. Johns to Shelly Beach.

The road was a bikers paradise with winding turns without having to drive fast to have an adrenalin rush.

Along the way we noticed rain ahead and made a big judgement error which resulted in us being completely soaked. Thank goodness, we had a place to stay with fantastic food and a hair drier to dry passports and other official documents, boots, gloves etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Getting goingGetting going
Getting going

We have to get away now to get into the holiday feeling.
Getting goingGetting going
Getting going

There have been so many things happening that we do not yet feel as if we are starting a holiday.
Port St. JohnsPort St. Johns
Port St. Johns

Now the worries of home is behind us and it starts to feel like holiday
RAIN!!RAIN!!
RAIN!!

Rain is a blessing, Rain is a blessing ...... I have to keep on reminding my self of this to try and enjoy the trip on the first day.
Drying documents.Drying documents.
Drying documents.

The salesman said this jacket is waterproof. Gmf!!!! Thank goodnes we had a good meal, warm bed and a hair drier.
Technolgy battleTechnolgy battle
Technolgy battle

Water is an old technology and Celphones are new. They do not like one another.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb