Capetown - Final Destination - Day 44


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
November 27th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We set off back down the mountain, admiring the flowers and birds we saw on the way.

At Clanwilliam we turned westwards for the Atlantic coast at Lamberts Bay - a rather nondescript seaside resort - where we turned southwards along the coast to Elands Bay, finding some interesting birds en route.

From there we continued the coastal route which was almost free of traffic and we had a fishy lunch at a beach-side cafe in Veldrif. From there it was a mere 85 miles to Capetown down an excellent road.

The outline of Table Mountain came into view about half way along and it grew larger and more imposing as we approached Capetown. The traffic became more and more hectic but Chris, who had the best maps, skillfully navigated us to within half a mile of cousin Graham’s house.

We contacted him and he escorted us the last few yards to his home. We were made so welcome by Graham and Janet and enjoyed that cup of tea like no other. So, after 43 days and about 7470 miles, the Part 2 of OFTAT came to a successful end.


Advertisement



1st December 2008

Go Grampa!!
Well done all of you guys!! Keep going grampa and milla, ian and chris, and i am keeping track of you guys!!! Good luck with part 3!!! Love to all, xxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb