Cape town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
December 3rd 2014
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After one month and a half of traveling down the coast from Jo'burg, we finally arrived in Cape Town! This more European city with its beautiful mountains (famous for the Table mountain), many bars on Longstreet, beautiful beaches and fresh sea gave us eight days of crazyness.

Our first night in Cape Town we were warmely welcomed in Sunset Beach by Jean and Mladen, who organised for us an amazing sunset drink at café Maestro followed by a delicious BBQ at their place. The next day Jean raced us through all the magnificent places of Cape Town and gave us some useful tips. A special thanks for the hospitality of these lovely people that we met for the first time.

For the next couple of days, we booked with our French friends a room with a private bathroom in Green Point to enjoy the luxury of our own space. We met Melanie, a friend from Brussels that studied in Cape Town, at the Waterfront for lunch and some glasses of rosé on a hot midday. Also did our sorrowority travel to Cape Town, so we had the chance to meet them at the Old Biscuit Market for some multicultural food and some drinks at the Beerhouse! It was lovely to see some familiar faces from home again.

Furthermore, did we enjoy seeing our Americain friend Mike again that we met in Jo'burg. Together with Mike, Adele and Maxime, we climed the Lion's head to admire the sun rising on Cape Town while having breakfast. We went on a day trip with our French friends to the Cape of Good Hope and to the most south westerly tip of Africa, more communly known as the Cape Point. Before arriving there we ate some delicious seafood in Hout Bay and stopped at the beautiful Long Beach in het Kommetjie. On our way back to Cape Town, we brought a visit to our friends the Penguins in Simon's Town. Beside these activities, we also enjoyed some lazy days at the beautiful beaches of Cape Town, such as Clifton Beach and Camps Bay Beach. Moreover, did we appreciate the hop-on hop-off city sightseeing bus, shopping at the Waterfront, eating amazing food on the local markets and exploring the streets of Cape Town.

Cape Town was for us definitely a place where we shared some amazing activities/moments together with our friends. Staying for a longer period in one city gave us the opportunity to see the different facets of Cape Town. Having the time to visit the richer neighbourhood in Clifton, the Moslem community in Bo-kaap with the brightly coloured houses and the townships outside Cape Town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th February 2015
Us and our new friends

Mooie groep-pic!! ^^
14th February 2015
Us and our new friends

Mooie groep-pic!! ^^
14th February 2015
Us and our new friends

Mooie groep-pic!! ^^

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb