Knee-hi's in Residence Ivy League 4 No 7


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Witsand
April 18th 2011
Published: April 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the WNR trailOn the WNR trailOn the WNR trail

with Uwi and the knee-hi's
Jip! That's the buzzword in this household at the moment

"Gogo,Gogo, dit is Jesus se eie,eie gogga" Wian came running along to Gogo with an almighty shiny black ant. Jean inspected the ant and decided that it was "Jesus se eie BLINK gogga". Just then Wian let loose an almighty wail; the ant had had enough and was pinching Wian like he was the devil's own. Gogo stepped in screaming with laughter and Jean sent the ant on his way to hell under wheel of his scooter. That was one of the calmer scenes in sleepy old Witsand the last two days.

Jip! You have guessed it. The knee-hi's exploded into Witsand on Sunday evening. I got really worried when I saw Uwi prepping the Mercedes on Sunday morning. Were my humans on their way out again? I know when the Mercedes or Prado comes out there's a trip coming up. That's why I prefer the jingle of the Moopoo Wagon's keys. Fortunately it was only to fetch the boys at George airport.

They arrived running, screaming and jumping on Sunday evening. A charge through the house brought the butternuts stored on the rafters in the kitchen tumbling onto the floor. Hence; Gogo's rule No 1 this round is: No running and screaming in the house otherwise we will have smashed pickles and chillies preserves all over the kitchen.

I love it when the knee-hi's are here; because I get to go for nice long walks and retrieve sticks from the river at least twice a day. The photo's will tell their tale of our walk today along the Witsand Nature Reserve trails.

Right now the boys are taking an early night, I too will be under the stairs on my continental pillow. Uwi seems to be on his third whiskey and he keeps saying "One down, 14 to go". Gogo told Uwi not to bothering pour wine, she will take hers straight from the bottle tonight.

The full moon is rising, the ocean is murmuring, the owl is calling and all is peaceful for the next 8 to 10 hours at The Ivy League. Jip!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Hi GogoHi Gogo
Hi Gogo

Come and join us
That was worth the long walkThat was worth the long walk
That was worth the long walk

We found a jellyfish
I dressed myselfI dressed myself
I dressed myself

Zips come at the back says Wian


19th April 2011

Memories are made of these days
Memories made with grandparents are always so precious.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb