Barcelona's highlights and start of Camino


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Somerset West
May 27th 2016
Published: May 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Right people! Finally un momento to blog! Saturday we arrived in Barcelona to be met by fab Audrey Buttle! Approximately 2.30. Got to Hotel Ramblas- on thee street in Barcelona! I was feeling so fluish and wondering how this week end would go! Well we unpacked and hit the town. Sangria in hand we were off....glorious food and wine....painted the town red. Hit the sack at 11pm with strict instructions -No wakey wakey before 9am! Breakfast 9.30.....this was not to be. Cell phone alarm set for 9am...Cell phone for some bizarre reason thought it was two hours ahead.HENCE we were in the foyer, unbenknow to us at 7.30 am....before breakfast was even open...SCREAM!!! And then laugh! Great breakfast then off to the Hop on Hop off bus!! Best sights, Sagrada Familia and mom went to Mass- a treat. Auds and I had the mojoitos ready! Gaudi's architecture etc etc. Home for rain, a fish bowl of sangria in the plaza! No cover!!! In bed by 12. Early wake up call at 4.30am! Taxi to airport! Auds back to London and mom and I off to start Camino! Land at Oviedo at 9am. Itching to get walking....3 buses later we arrive in El Pito at 1pm- let the Camino begin!!!! Begin it did will hills and hills and hills....and more hills.....12km took us 4 hours!!! To Soto De Luina!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb