Getting ready for the off!!!!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Simon's Town
January 15th 2015
Published: January 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It's difficult to get excited when there's so many things to be done in such a short space of time, but "D Day" (departure day) is 1st February 2015, so Judith and I have 2 weeks and two days to go ...... "No worries" I hear you saying. Just a few problems though like Judith finishing with work with Dewhurst, moving home to Carperby, packing some stuff for storage and somehow packing for the trip and saying cheerio to so many friends and family ...... No pressure then! For me, I'm decorating, renovating the kitchen, changing the garage and Building an outside store, plus handing over the cottage to a management company, to deal with holiday lets whilst we are away.

Absolutely delighted that Juds and I will be sharing this great adventure together. When we get back there will be even more adventures to share in Carperby, Yorkshire. "how lucky are we?"

The title of our blog is "The teenagers" and that just about sums up how we feel about ourselves right now!!



OUR ROUGHED OUT ITINERARY IS NOW AGREED, AS BELLW, AND WE ARE JUST STARING TO PUT ROGETHER THE BITS IN BETWEEN.

I hope you enjoy reading the blog as much, as Im sure Juditha and I will enjoy writing it! It should be a lot of fun. Don't be conserned if you don't 'hear any thing for a while' as we will be relient on getting a good wifi signal to make updates.

ITINERARY: AFRICA1st Feb fly to Cape Town via Dubai. 2nd Feb arrive in Cape Town and head for Simons Town, near the bottom of the Cape Penninsular For 4 nights. ( swim with the Penguins!) 6th Feb stay over in Cape Town for 4 nights and catch up with friends. Hope to wa.k up table mountain etc. 10th Feb to 14th head over to Gordons Bay and catch up with ex work colleagues who will put us up.

Touring of the garden route and visit to the wine lands to follow before returning to Cape Townfor the "Cape Argus Cycle race" - 68 miles with 4 major climbs, that Geoff will be racing in on 8th March. ( maybe, if a tandem can be found a certain other person might be persuaded to join in the racing !!!???

10th March depart S Africa and head for Sydney Australia, via Dubai. Arrive in Sydney on 12th March. ( more details mother time)

So that's or plan so far.

(Not wishing to be too organised, and leaving options open, with some backpacker Accomodation in Cape Town, booked, but not paid for until it's been checked out!!?)

Geoff

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb