Garden Route Day 2: Highest Commercial Bungy Jump in the World


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Plettenberg Bay
June 26th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was a pretty awesome day for most of the day. I woke up excited for the HIGHEST BUNGY JUMP IN THE WORLD! We left the hostel at 8 am in order to get to our 10:30 reservations at Bloukrans Bridge which was about 2 hours away. However, with Hal’s driving we reached relatively quickly. The Bungy Jumping was AMAZING!!!!! Definitely worth every penny and I am so glad I did it. I can now say that I’ve bungy jumped the highest commercial bungee jump in the world. Ask me for more details when I get home.

With some more crazy fast driving from Hal we made it in time for our round of 16 game (Uruguay vs. South Korea) despite the problems we had at the Bungy jump site. My seat was pretty far up, however during half time all of us in the higher seats snuck down to the lower seats where others in our group had tickets and sat with them. The seats in the second half were amazing!! The seats were right next to the corner flag and I heard that we were even on TV!!! Basically we were sitting where the Koreans celebrated their goal we were right in that corner, FIRST and SECOND row!! We were also right next to the crazy Korean fans which was really cool and created an awesome atmosphere.

After the Korean game we rushed out of the stadium back to Jeffreys bay (where we had accommodations) to catch the US game. The house that we had at Jeffreys Bay was pretty awesome right on the beach! The rest of the night was disappointing as I’m sure you can guess. It ended with an almost brawl at the bar and our group being kicked out of the bar. We ended the night with some party games. And I thought I’d try and catch up on a week of blogs.

Hence, now you can understand why the blogs of this week (Mon-Sat) have not been the most detailed or presented in the most eloquent manner. Nonetheless, however sad it is that the US lost to Ghana, this week has still been crazy with Die Strandloper 10 course Beach Seafood Restaurant, wine tasting, shark diving, Portugal 7-0 game, Best seats ever at the Cameroon/Holland game, the amazing last second US win against Algeria to ensure their passage out of the group stages and a spot as Number 1 in the group, awesome views on the drive to see the penguins and on the Garden Route, bungy jumping the highest bungy jump in the world, and more awesome seats for the Uruguay vs S. Korea game. Tomorrow we are trying to go to a game park to see the Big 5, sort of a 1 day safari. So except for the US loss today, this week has been most amazing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th June 2010

omg that looks so exhilirating!!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb