South Africa Day 7 & 8: New Year 2010


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Hermanus
December 31st 2009
Published: December 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are relaxing poolside today but the Arabella Western Cape Resort and Spa is a severe let down, right down to the restaurant manager making up today's forecast yesterday so that the day is only passable for the pool.

I have figured out the right location in the hotel to make the internet work, so we want to wish everyone a Happy New Year 2010 before we drive off to Cape Town. We did not do anything too crazy last night, as a matter of fact I feel asleep as Moscow was celebrating the New Year, so about an hour early. I am very tired and this go-go is really wearing me down. On top of that, we are really enjoying Namibian beer and South African beer and wine and that does not help when combined with the heat. Drinking too many of the wrong kinds of liquids.

The day improved yesterday and we had a nice time by the pool. The Arabella Western Cape Resort and Spa also doubles as the Clubhouse for the Golf community surrounding it which has certain advantages in that the facilities are more elaborate than they would otherwise be with the hotel alone but that combines with the disadvantage that you have to compete, especially during the holidays, with throngs of people coming to visit family. Our experience was not great the first couple of days as a result and though we have enjoyed it, I would never consider paying money to stay here unless maybe if I was a golfer. There is a Relais & Chateaux in Hermanus called The Marine where we had cocktails today that seems to be quite nice, I would advise staying there although the service appears quite bad there.


Cape Town


This is our last chance to visit Cape Town so I really must get going now because we have a long drive and have yet to check out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb