South Africa 2014


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Gordon's Bay
January 4th 2014
Published: January 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we were invited to a picnic lunch at Vergelegen Winery by Harry and Susan, our friends from France who are "wintering" in South Africa and have done so since 2006. This was a fabulous introduction to South African Wine Country. There were tables set amongst Canphor trees which are quite majestic and some of them at this winery were over 300 years old. As you can see from the pictures, this winery had exceedingly attractive grounds that added considerable to the overall experience. The food and wine of course were "top drawer" and the weather was a beautiful summer day with a gentle breeze. We also visited a winery and coffee roaster in the same area called Lourensford which we had a wine tasting and we picked up freshly ground coffee. Overall a very pleasant day thanks to Harry and Susan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st January 2014

Picnic
Looks like a lovely place to enjoy the afternoon.
21st January 2014

Looks like you are having a great time and you look so comfortable sitting at the table with your bottle of wine. Makes me envious but after you telling about the long flight and the recovery time it would make you think about a trip like this. Party on my friend but next time I would prefer Debbie\'s picture , you operate the camera.
22nd January 2014

camphor
27th January 2014

Correct, thanks
22nd January 2014

You people are such show=offs. It is a balmy - 26C here today and skin can freeze in a few minutes which is why I am staying put inside. No relief in sight for a week or more but surely will appreciate Spring if it does indeed arrive. thelma and laverne

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb