South Africa 2014


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Gordon's Bay
January 2nd 2014
Published: January 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

South Africa 2014South Africa 2014South Africa 2014

View from Highcliffe House
We'll after spending 46 1/2 hours (door to door) travelling we finally arrived at our Winter retreat on December 31st, Tuesday afternoon. Our hosts, Jane and Jim Yeomans invited us to a New Years get together at their place (Highcliff House) and we met some of their friends and family. We actually made it until midnight and therefore saw the New Year, at least in South Africa. (7 hours ahead of TO)

It's been quite a long period of adjusting to the time zone change and we wouldn't recommend taking 2 back to back overnight flights. It's been several days and we still are experiencing interrupted sleep.

Gordons Bay is about 1 hour outside of Cape Town with neighbouring communities such as Strand (5 km beech), Somerset West and about 40 minutes drive to Stellenbosch which is a beautiful town in the middle to South African wine country.

Our accommodation is quite nice and is part of 4 units. The owners Jim and Jane (mentioned above) live in 1 unit. There is a fabulous view of the mountains to the East and Gordons Bay to the West.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

South Africa 2014South Africa 2014
South Africa 2014

View from Highcliffe House
South Africa 2014South Africa 2014
South Africa 2014

View from Highcliffe House


20th January 2014

View from Highcliffe House
The views are magnificent! Wish I could meet you there... Christine
20th January 2014

dana and debra
HI folks: nice you are enjoying the sunshine in South Africa. Meanwhile here in the frozen north of Canada we are having a real old fashioned winter with tons of ice everywhere - Laverne has fallen only 5 times in the yard and Sheryl from Chipman went for a header this a m and hurt her both arms and knee and her neighbour broke his leg and knocked himself out. But not to complain as the increase in snow will be very welcome to the drought stricken lakes and rivers these past years. thelma and laverne keep in touch P>S> bought 2 boxes of Ganongs this afteroon - $3.47 a box - so your retirement is in good hands.
20th January 2014

AWESOME!
So glad to hear from you and to see some photos of the paradise you are in! It is soooooo frigid here that even Izzy does not care to go outside! Have fun and keep on blogging! I am going to Switzerland on Jan. 28th for 2 weeks to visit a friend who is working at Neuchatel this year! We will be skiing in Zermatt my first weekend there! Cheers!
21st January 2014

Details
Hi, This blog us a great idea. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Did I send you details about our arrival in Cape Town? Sorry, cannot recall! Diane and ken

Tot: 0.594s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1909s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb