Cape Point to Swellingham


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

21st

Today we travelled to Cape point after picking up our hire car. Cape point is the bit we all learnt about at school. To the right of the first picture you can kind of see swirls in the water - this was where a ship wreck is under the water (i think!). It was well known for sail ships to be deliberately crashed/ran aground so that the ship owners could claim on insurance when sail boats went out of fashion. Stayed for lunch (a BLT for Paulie and a quiche for T), then zoomed off to Swellingham. Was pleased to get out of the big city. The big cities are a bit scarey, but all the little places in between are really nice.

Swellingham was a lovely little town where we stayed at a slightly weird backpacker place. All backpacker places seem to have dog's to play with. This one also had a cat. Had my first South African steak in a very friendly pub. T had pizza with all the things she likes on it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Paul and TamsinPaul and Tamsin
Paul and Tamsin

This was on the Toll Road after leaving Cape point towards Swellingham
T and a PenguinT and a Penguin
T and a Penguin

at Boulders Beach, in Simon's Town.
Penguins!Penguins!
Penguins!

More penguins!


1st May 2007

Penguins
Aah, I love them. I would like a beach hut where you had penguins standing around. Are they friendly? Looking forward to MORE detail. (I don't mind not knowing what you had to eat.)
11th May 2007

I have a picture at the same place
with my Dad (Senia) from 1979. I'll post it if I can find it.

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb