4 Things to do in Cape Town in 48 hours


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
May 19th 2017
Published: May 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Boulders BeachBoulders BeachBoulders Beach

Penguin at Boulders Beach
Cape Town, the Mother City. What a gorgeous place!

Cape Town has made a name for itself as the "Silicon Valley" of Africa and the majority of visitors come to Cape Town for business. 2 Meetings in 2 days hardly justifies a visit to Cape Town so I've compiled 10 things you can do in Cape Town during a 48-hour visit.

#1 Go see a comedy show at the Cape Town Comedy Club




The Cape Town Comedy Club, previously known as "Jou Ma Se Comedy Club" is an awesome place to relax, kick off those uncomfortable business shoes and grab a bite to eat and laugh the evening away.

The club has various comedy acts throughout the week and the entrance fee generally doesn't go over R100. Be sure to book a table as this is a highly popular attraction for visitors.

#2 Visit the botanical gardens in Kirstenbosch




Kirstenbosch is a magnificent natural garden, especially beautiful in the spring to summer months with loads of hiking trails and perfect picnic spots. Go relax after that early morning meeting and make sure to take something to eat and drink with as there are no shops in the garden. Be sure to also walk the "Boomslang". The Boomslang is a tree-top walkway that gives you incredible views of the garden.

#3 Grab a bite to eat in the Bo Kaap




The Bo Kaap is a famous Cape Malay area that's rich with Indian cuisine and culture. Go for a bunny chow (Bread with curry) or go taste some of the amazing spices sold at the various curry shops.

If you have some extra time, enroll for a traditional cooking class, taught by a professional Indian chef.

#4 Greet the friendly penguins at Boulders Beach





Boulders Beach is a beach on the South Coast of the Cape Town area. A quick 20 minute drive from the city center will put you in the middle of a penguin city! These guys are friendly and love getting their pictures taken!

Stroll along the boardwalk and enjoy the fresh sea air and white sandy beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb