Welcome to Cape Town!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 23rd 2016
Published: October 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We flew Manchester to Doha, Doha to Cape Town. The flights were ok and luckily the first flight had some empty seats so we had the three seats between us. Doha is hot and the airport was large enough with plenty to do so we were able to easily occupy ourselves for the two hour stopover.

We landed in Cape Town to bright blue skies and not a cloud in sight. Finally some heat. We were greeted by Clinton, he has this infectious laugh and a positive approach to life. He is the head grounds man for the school I visited with George last year. He does many roles and works some long hours but this never seems to phase him.

We arrived at Zwaanswyk Academy, Cape Town (my works partner school.) We were greeted with open arms from Megan. Megan is my main link with Zwaanswyk Academy and we have worked together for about two years now but had not seen each other since she visited Manchester last year. We arrived at Megan's house to be greeted by Byron, Megan's husband and the liveliest dog, Lexie. Byron and Megan started our South African adventure in one of the best ways, with a Gatsby. A Gatsby is a much loved delicacy amongst the South African community, it is a foot long sub with chippy chips covered in a variety of toppings and spices. The portions are so large and it costs about £3-4 per Gatsby but one would easily feed four people, our chippy seems so plain in comparison. If all doesn't work out maybe we can open a Gatsby shop in Manchester?



From Cape Town, with love x


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb