Cape Town Day 3 and Home


Advertisement
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cape Town Day 3 & Home

Cape Town like Vancouver has a sight seeing double decker bus system where for 120 Rand ($17) you can get on and off as you like all day. Our first stop was to be the Gold Museum but instead we opted for an outdoor day so we got of at the Table Mountain cable car to the top. It was a beautiful blue sky day with no wind and 25 C. However since yesterday the cable car was not operating because of high winds, today there was a 2 hour line up. So we hopped back on the same bus and rode out the the suburbs and marine walk way.

The walkway offered whales tail up very near shore. The world cup stadium is along our route but access to the park surrounding it is closed so after 2 hours walk we arrived at the Waterfront harbor. This is a combination of working ship repair yards, sailing cruise ships, fishing boats and fancy craft shops and restaurants. We ate a light lunch on the quay watching ships sail into port and browsed the Zimbabwe stone sculpture market (too heavy to take home). Then back on the bus for the ride back to our hotel. Beautiful sunny, warm spring Cape Town day.

The taxi got us out the airport in good time in spite of rush hour and at 8 pm we were on our way to Heathrow. Twelve hours later and a good night sleep we are sitting in Terminal 5 waiting for our Vancouver flight. It's hard to believe that we started this journey almost 2 months ago. So many memories. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb