Cape Town


Advertisement
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Johannesburg in the dark - 5am, got our bags and then rechecked them through to Cape Town and were again escorted from the international terminal to the domestic, but this time by a representative from the tour company - a nice touch. And not so rushed - had a 3 1/2 hour wait for our flight to Cape Town. Arrived there mid morning, but could not see Table Mountain on the drive from the airport - it was covered in cloud (the tablecloth apparently). But we were able to get into our room at the Table Bay Hotel.

It is a beautiful hotel, on the waterfront where the cheaper rooms have ocean views (ours!) and the expensive ones have views of Table Mountain (hiding behind the clouds). It was nice to be able to lie down after all our flights, but in an effort to combat the jet lag, we showered and set off. First downstairs to the lounge, very beautiful, for lunch - it also has views of Table Mountain's clouds! Then a wander through the V&A waterfront shopping centre (to find a supermarket) which is attached to the hotel. Then we walked around the waterfront area of Cape Town (looking for the Hop On Hop Off Bus stop in preparation for tomorrow). Very nice, and very busy. Walked through an artisan craft market (lucky there's no room in the suitcase), past many restaurants and lots of painted rhinos! (https://www.therhinosarecoming.org/ )

Back to the hotel for a rest before catching up with Maurice for dinner. (He had been on a safari day tour - some photos included). Great meal - prawns, South African wine and so cheap!

Then back to the hotel, sleep needed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

RhinoRhino
Rhino

Painted rhino with Table Mountain (and the clouds)
Maurice's Safari 4Maurice's Safari 4
Maurice's Safari 4

And no, we will not be doing that!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb